Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tip Tuesday: Take Your Top Off!

Hi everyone!!!

I really apologize for my absence... if anyone was sad. Maybe someone was. I can hope.

Anyway, it's because I have been SUPER SUPER BUSY!!! It's almost Earth Day, so that means I have a ton of things to do for work. I love the work I am doing, it's just becoming a bit stressful! I bet we all know what that feels like. I have actually been pretty good at documenting my outfits, but I just can't find the time to doctor them and get them up!

But I thought I should at least write today, to give y'all a tip. And this one is Earth Day/environment related.

So I hope you all recycle EVERYTHING that can be recycled. If you don't know your area's recycling guidelines, contact your county environmental department and I am almost positive they will have some info for ya.

Image courtesy of takeyourtopoff.co.uk
BUT. I know everyone tries to recycle plastic bottles... but do you recycle the tops along with them?? It is very rare that a local recycling station can process these, as they are usually made from a different type of plastic than the polyethylene bottles. It is usually only specialty places like Aveda that do.

So here is my tip: make sure to remove the lid from your plastic bottle before you toss the bottle in the recycling bin! This will keep the recycling streams free of unwanted plastic and thus keep the recycling process moving along smoothly and efficiently!  :0 )

Ha. There is one of many environmental tips that I am SURE you will be seeing more of.

That is, if I can keep up my posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment