Friday, February 18, 2011

Sunkissed Earthtones


Happy Friday everyone!! 

I am very excited it's Friday! This week has been a bit weird for me... and I can't really put my finger on why it has been. I feel as though I am on the edge of the sickness precipice, which I really do not enjoy. If I am going to get sick, let's bring it on so I can get over it!

My teeth really hurt... which is never a good sign. And mouth issues are the worst since I find them so hard to ignore!  :0 (

Anyway. This blog process is definitely beginning to change me. Now not only am I documenting my outfits, but I find myself trying to take more challenges with what I choose to wear. This outfit doesn't really showcase that, since it is fairly basic (but I still LOVE it!), but I think much more about style and have become extremely interested in checking out the risks that other fashion bloggers have chosen to take. It fascinates me. 

My take on fashion is basically I like to look nice. There are some fashion trends out there that I wouldn't dare try, since I am pretty sure they would look horrid on me (and sometimes, I hate to say it, but I think it looks horrid on the people who do dare to try), but I through this effort I feel myself contemplating outfits that I would have never thought about before. And that's mostly due to the inspiration I get from observing what others are doing. 

So therefore I will pose some questions to any readers: What is your take on fashion? What are some of the most daring outfits you have put together? What is your favorite trend right now? 

I think my next fashion goal needs to be examining the thrifting scene in Santa Fe much more closely. I feel like I haven't really explored that (sure to be great) avenue as much as I should!

What is a goal of yours?

 
Blue leather jacket: Jack
Brown cardi: Mossimo
Green cami: Maurices
Dark wash jeggings: Maurices
Boots: Sam Edelman
Purple earrings: World market
Necklace: Custom-made by Kate 

Tonight I am headed up to Martini's house to meet his brother and his wife! They are like the only people in his immediate fam that I have yet to meet. I am nervous, which is weird!  :0 /  It should be a blast, I bet we will laugh lonnggg into the night. 

That kind of laughing is the best. 

What are your plans for the weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much! I really appreciate the compliment!
    I think that the fashion bloggers have to stick together and it is necessary to support each other, too! You are kindly and sweet!
    I am following you now,too:)
    and gorgeous your boots!!!

    ReplyDelete